Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Fatness

The Famous Steak

So my family (meaning my parents, brother, two aunts, and an uncle) and I went out to Peter Luger's Steakhouse in Brooklyn tonight, which has apparently been rated "The New York No. 1 Steakhouse for 24 Years in a Row!" Now, I love food, but of course on my own I don't have the resources (AKA the money or the occasion) to ever visit and eat at such a high profile restaurant, so this was a nice treat.

The steak definitely was very fresh, very tender, and very juicy. It was cooked precisely as ordered, and their famous steak sauce complemented the meat very nicely (naturally). In addition to this, the table also ordered sides of broccoli, creamed spinach, and German fried potatoes. Then for dessert, we all shared a couple of their special "Holy Cow" hot fudge sundaes (which was the definition of "unnecessary indulgence"). Of course it was delicious (half of it was pure hot fudge), but since I have a very sensitive palate, I tend to enjoy foods with more subtle tastes.

But of course I'm not complaining. I left entirely satisfied and with my regret for my waistline saved for tomorrow. I'm not one to count calories or really give a damn about any food's nutritional value, but seriously, with my uncle here (he LOVES to cook) and all the eating-out I've been nothing less than gluttonous lately. There was Legal Seafoods, and I didn't blog about it but on Sunday we threw a graduation/family get-together party for my cousin; the food my uncle cooked was both wonderful and in abundance, and so again I ate everything in sight.

If you don't believe me, on Sunday I conveniently got a WiiFit (which is awesome, by the way) and apparently I weigh the highest I've ever known myself to weigh (it was a difference of almost 10 pounds from my usual weight). Ugh, I hate talking about my weight, dieting, et cetera, especially since it makes me feel like a hypocrite, but it's actually been bugging me enough lately to make me consider watching what I eat. I'm going to hate myself for doing it, but from the health perspective I should be happier in the end.

No comments: