Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day

So BU has only had around five snow days in the past 20 years.

Today qualified as one of them.

In fact, I was thoroughly amused at this when I found out this morning. To think that I would actually experience a snow day at college, especially given BU's refusal to call them, was quite humorous.

It didn't make much of a difference to me anyway since I only would have had one class. Actually, I think it made things worse since I probably spent twice as much time in the dining hall and just slacking off in general.

My hallmates also visited throughout the day, which led to a rather ridiculous incident involving my suitemate and us. I don't want to get into details, but apparently, our suitemate didn't appreciate our friend's loud ranting this morning (around 11 AM, to be honest), and so she found a way to complain about it. Anyway, it led to this mess than caused our friend unnecessary grief. Fortunately though, my roommate's decision to directly talk to my suitemate actually led to our suitemate calling it a misunderstanding and apologizing. I guess the simplest and most obvious solution really does tend to be the best after all.

Still, I just remember how back last summer, I was at my best friend's house and I showed my friend's mother who my roommates were on Facebook. She made her comments, but I assured her that I wouldn't have any problems.

I suppose that's what you call a "mother's intuition."

No comments: