Friday, February 27, 2009

Luck No More

So these past two or three weeks have been absolutely amazing. I don't remember the last time (or if there was ever a time) when I had such a long, consistent streak of good luck.

All that ended yesterday though. I can't remember the last time I got bogged down with so much work. Suddenly, I had too much stuff to do and really not enough time to do it.

I hadn't finished my math homework. I had quite a bit of reading for my history class. I had reading for my English class too, ON TOP OF a six-page paper I was still doing the reading for.

I could make excuses. I didn't learn the material on the math homework until Tuesday. My history paper was due Tuesday. Thus I didn't start my English paper until after that. Then there's the FreeP which was a little ridiculous this week.

But honestly, I know my cousin and I are inefficient and quite unproductive when we work together on math. My history paper was originally due last Thursday but he gave us an extension, plus I was inefficient and quite unproductive this past weekend myself when it came to writing it. Then everything my English professor assigns is on the syllabus, so honestly, I knew I had reading and the paper both due. The FreeP may be my only legitimate excuse.

Ugh, but after finishing my day (at 4 PM, though I had a FRA interview until 4:30 PM), I met with my cousin for an hour which of course was stupid and unproductive. Then after attempting to do more math, I ended up napping because I was so tired. When I woke up, I ate dinner with friends before heading to the FreeP at 8 PM, which is where I stayed for another three hours (it would have been longer had I not asserted for once my need to get out of there ASAP).

I honestly tried to do work again but since I was so tired I took another nap until 1 AM. Fortunately, FatMan kept calling me to make sure I was awake, and so I was able to get my [seemingly extra-tedious] math homework done, finish the reading, and then start my paper by 4 AM (I know, that's ridiculous).

Now, I usually take an hour to write a page, so you can do the math and calculate what time I actually finished. Yeah, so my 8 AM and 9:30 AM classes? I skipped both. I didn't leave my room until 11 AM so I could hand in my math homework before the 11:30 AM deadline. Then after eating a quick lunch, I headed to the computer lab to quickly Sparknote my assignment (I'll read it this weekend, I promise). Then I continued my day as I normally would.

Ugh, but I just felt so guilty. I can't believe I skipped two classes, not to mention I sent an e-mail to one of the professors claiming that I wasn't feeling too well (I can't wait for karma to bite me in the ass for that one), and then my paper was definitely something to be ashamed of. I admit it's not as bad as I thought it was as I was writing it, but I definitely didn't answer the task as I should have. I'm pretty sure most papers I write I usually claim that each is "the worst paper I've ever written" and that "I've never been so ashamed of a paper in my life," but I really think this takes the title. I mean, Tuesday's history paper was pretty atrocious, but it's history, and in my mind, as long as I had the info down I'm good. Yesterday's paper was an English paper though, and apart from the fact that there's personal importance to me that I do well in English, I would prefer not to get called out on stupid grammar or technical mistakes (or on writing a completely disorganized, nonsensical paper as a whole).

Sigh, I guess what's done is done. It's a rough draft, albeit it's graded, but hopefully out of the total 20 percent of the semester grade its worth, this draft will be worth less than the final copy.

Ugh, yesterday was just not a good day, but I knew I was running a happiness debt and the universe would come collect on it soon. I just hope I'm not downtrodden from this point on. It felt so good to be so happy and for so long, and if it's over, I don't know what I'll do.

Not to mention, I hope I wasn't riding on something that wasn't actually there. Alors, la vie n'est pas parfaite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! you're updating.. almost regularly! :)

When is your spring break? I think we all need this break. I'm so burnt out too :( FML.