Friday, March 20, 2009

Humpfest

So apparently, it's midway through the semester, and the FreeP likes to celebrate "passing the hump" with something called Humpfest, which took place last night and was really only a slightly bigger version of what they usually do on Thursdays. (Thirsty much?)

Anyway, let's just say it was an interesting night. In fact, it was absolutely ridiculous. Coco lacks all and any self-control, which provided quite a few hours of entertainment for our fellow FreePers and my roommate when we got back, though of course I still took care of her despite my rather insouciant attitude (apparently I suffer from slight verbal diarrhea, a lessening of inhibition, but nothing more).

When she was taken care of and I climbed into bed myself, I wondered though. Was it stress? After all, I did try to pull an all-nighter for my paper (which resulted in extremely fragmented sleep), and I didn't actually finish editing it until a half-an-hour before it was due... perhaps I was worn out. Maybe I just needed to relax. Or did I succumb to pressure? Did I think it a social obligation? Or maybe I really did just act on a whim. That seems simple enough.

Whatever. At least I know now that I'm capable of retaining at least some control.

No comments: