Monday, February 23, 2009

Girlish Tendencies

So this past weekend was an absolute fiasco.

I don't think I've ever laughed, giggled, or screamed so much in my life before.

You see, it would seem like the girls across the hall, my roommate, and I are in this strange mode of being. Let's just say that the feeling circulating around (apart from sickness) I feel is very Pride and Prejudice-esque (if you didn't get that from the brief reference in my last post).

As amusing the entire affair is, I feel it may be a little too personal on my friend's part for myself to share. I will say though that a charming [though admittedly cheesy] boy was enraptured with her (and she with him), and that he has followed through with contacting her after the party.

After a day of anxiety ("Do you think he'll call?"), she was very excited when she received a text message from him today. Of course we're all excited for her too, but doesn't the entire thing just ring a bell? Girl goes to party, girl dances with affable boy, boy is totally smitten with girl. Boy pursues girl and girl is absolutely lovestruck.

I'm having strong visions of Jane and Mr. Bingley. I told Izzy about this and she laughed at me and told me that I'm too obsessed with this book. Perhaps (no doubt), but can you blame me for wanting to witness this story unfold? In reality too?

I'm not sure where the rest of us filter into the Bennet family tree. We've each experienced our own unique moments of disappointment or triumph and some of the characters are so ridiculous that no one else really resembles a particular one. The most I can say is that as friends, we certainly at the moment do seem to resemble sisters though, judging by the way we tell stories to each other and such.

Anyway, the important thing is that I am one who is inspired. I've already outlined a story based on all this, and I can't wait until Spring Break so I can start writing it.

It's going to be good.

No comments: