Friday, January 9, 2009

Lost

So after going back to high school to talk to current seniors about college, FatMan and I took the LIRR to Penn Station. Once we got there, we parted ways and I headed off to meet my friends in Queens. Now I know that I didn't need to go all the way to Penn, but my dad didn't want me transferring alone at Jamaica and then again somewhere else.

In that case, I hopped on the E train. At least in Boston, I seem to have a tendency to always get on the train traveling in the opposite direction of what I intended. Today, I did get on the right train, except any pride I could have gained from such a small feat gradually diminished to nothing as I could sense that I was quickly heading farther and farther away from my destination. In fact I took the E train to the end and ended up in Jamaica anyway. Stupid me didn't realize that the 74th St/Broadway stop I was waiting for was referred to as the Jackson Heights/Roosevelt Ave stop.

Ah well. After an hour I eventually got back on track and managed to successfully take the 7 train to Flushing. I guess the MTA is a little clearer in terms of direction, but then again, if I was from Boston I'd probably know where Ashmont/Braintree and Alewife are. I'll get it right eventually.

In other news, I spent the day at Kirby's house. She had the Wii Fit, which I got to try and which was completely awesome. I'm definitely getting one for the summer. Haha...

No comments: