Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Into the Swing of Things

So on Sunday, I went to the Cheesecake Factory again, this time with my family. Afterward I hung out at FatMan's house with a few other people, which was a nice way to end the break. Interestingly enough, I got called out on apparently being a "wallflower" though. I was told that I'm "the type of person who just absorbs things... and then probably goes home and writes about it," which FatMan affirmed without hesitation.

Dear Blog... yes.

Anyway, I headed back to Boston yesterday. The weather was nice and there wasn't much traffic so it went pretty smoothly (and I didn't get on the wrong train). When I got back, I got my books and then had dinner with Izzy. After hanging out for a few hours, I headed back to my dorm and started to get my books organized and such.

Today I had lunch with Izzy, and then afterward I headed to the FreeP to start my first night as an official editor. I edited two letters about the Israel/Gaza conflict, and I have to admit they were interesting and pretty well written. I think I genuinely feel a little more informed about the topic too, which is good.

Class starts tomorrow. I kind of wish I got back a little earlier (it's nice being in Boston without having to worry about work), but honestly, as much as I don't want classes to start, I am a little excited.

I guess I can't wait to see what life has in store for me.

No comments: