Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Last Professor

The Last Professor

I quite liked this blog post. Or not really liked, but agreed with.

Even though it applies more to universities and academia, now that I've dived headfirst into the humanities I can't help but sympathize.

It sort of makes me wonder though. Maybe that's why so many English majors head off into the realm of communications. In order to find a place in society, they become slaves to it, serving its materialistic desires. But it is its patronage, its money, its fat laughter and petty amusement that provides fuel for the fire and allows the slaves to rise as well. And in that manner society becomes slaves to them in turn.

I don't know if what I just wrote makes sense. I think I'm just trying to justify my recent ambitions. Whatever. I don't really want to think about it right now.

No comments: