Sunday, November 16, 2008

New Beginnings

So today was an exciting day. I registered for classes this morning and I received some fantastic news a few hours ago...

So I basically got every class I wanted, which was Human Evolution (anthropology), Seminar in Literature - The English Country House (not my first choice topic but perfectly acceptable), and Applied Math (which wouldn't be on anyone's favorites list anyway). I'm also 99.999% sure that I got into my honors class too (I was fourth in line last Monday for this special registration), and it's a history class called Catastrophe in Cultural Memory, so I'm really looking forward to that.

(Nope, there's no science in that schedule [unless you count anthropology]. This major turnover is legit.)

Anyway, my schedule borders on the extremes (my free time is essentially 11-3 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays). But I only have one class on Monday and Friday from 10-11, which is just superb.

But you know what else is superb? I'm the new Associate Editor of the Editorial Page for the Daily Free Press!

And I thought I completely botched the interview yesterday! No, I definitely did. But I still can't believe they gave me this opportunity! (Unless it was by default--I don't really know how it works... haha.)

Ah, but I'm so happy. It's effective beginning next semester, even though I start training this week.

But next semester is going to be so amazing. I just can't wait!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

! Yay for perfect schedules and appointments :-D .

Anonymous said...

hey hey congrats on being associate editor! i saw your name in that little box in the paper today & i was very excited for you (: and i'm new to this blogspot thing, but i'd figure i'd give it a try.