Monday, September 1, 2008

First of September

So we had Matriculation this morning but this morning wasn't so great. See, I slept through my alarm for twenty minutes meaning I only had ten to fifteen minutes to get ready when I finally realized what time it was and sprang out of bed. Then to my dismay, the crowd arrived earlier than the scheduled time. (The way matriculation works here is that freshmen meet outside their dorms and then join the mass of other freshmen as they make their way from one end of the campus to the other.) So I was essentially still getting dressed as I saw them pass by on the street below... not cool.

Luckily, a few other people came down the same time I did (all guys, does that say anything about my habits?), and we were able to catch up with them when they stopped at another dorm building. Still, I wasn't happy about the walk. I looked it up on Google Maps last night, and I found out that the walk is approximately 1.6 miles long. REALLY not cool.

Then the Matriculation Ceremony was boring itself of course, and so that didn't really put me in a good mood when I started running into other people. Seriously... sleepiness + fatigue + hunger = irritated girl bordering on being an inconsiderate bitch.

Splash (a club fair sort of thing) put me in a slightly better mood though as I put food into my system and started getting excited about what they had to offer. I think I ended up signing up for the school newspaper, kendo, figure skating, and sailing, and then I also put my name in for getting free tickets to the Boston Symphony Orchestra which would be nice (though honestly I didn't know what I was doing at the time... hah). Of course I won't end up doing all of them, but the newspaper was really lax about submissions and the Charles River really does inspire me to do some kind of water sport so I might try that too. But we'll see.

It was extremely hot by that hour though and all that walking really took a toll on me. I went back to my dorm to relax and write a bit, and by then I was feeling much better. Around that time my roommate finally moved in too, and I was extremely relieved to find out that she's as super nice as I thought she would be.

In fact we happen to get along wonderfully I think so I'm glad I can go to bed without worries. Plus I got to bond with my friend's roommate at dinner and then after along the Charles River, so I feel a lot better about making friends.

But tomorrow is the day I'm really looking forward to. Friendships begin here. BU, bring it on!

No comments: