Sunday, August 31, 2008

Taste of Success

So today was rather nice. I can't really boast that I've stepped out of my comfort zone yet, but I'm a lot happier than I was a few days ago. And who knows? Maybe that's the way it was meant to be, or at least for now anyway.

I helped the old friend I mentioned yesterday get her books and such and we went to the Terrier Tailgate together (although they lied to us about the free food which totally sucks). I was wrong about the girls I met up with yesterday; they didn't ignore me like I thought they would. The girl I knew did text me about going, but I was the one who decided to be an asshole and kind of blow her off. I mean, maybe I should have given it a chance, but I doubt they missed me. I didn't feel that comfortable around them and I'm sure they had fun as a group, so personally I think it worked out.

Plus I finally got to meet this other freshman I've been talking to for months. It was a great experience and I was really happy that I got to meet someone completely new (in the sense that I didn't meet him face-to-face before). I just hope everything works out.

Tailgate was relatively fun though, even if they lost in the end. BU was leading 2 to 1, but UMass-Amherst scored in the last four seconds and put the game into double overtime. After the first overtime though, Amherst quite literally just took the ball and ran with it. One of their players just charged straight through everyone else... and scored.

It was a pretty horrible feeling, especially since this was a "grudge match" and victory would have been sweet. But oh well... maybe things will work out in the end for them too.

So yeah, going back to my last post, if I could label this day with any adjective, despite the setbacks... I think it's pretty close to being fantastic.

No comments: