Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ehhhhh

So today was a little better. I walked around campus multiple times this morning to check out where my classes were and how far they were from each other. Then in the afternoon, as much as I wanted to meet completely new people, I finally decided to text people I met at Orientation. I met up with one who introduced me to the group of people she was hanging out with, but I'm not sure if that's where I belong.

Then coincidentally, on my way into my cousin's building, I actually ran into one of my old friends from the city, and to my surprise she happened to be living in the same dorm. I hung out with her and her roommate for a couple of hours, and to be honest it was rather nice. We've made plans for lunch tomorrow, so I feel a little better. Plus, I have plans to meet up with another freshman for this other event going on tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to that too.

Ugh, I know this is getting very very journal-like, but I guess that's just what's on my mind right now. But I can't help it. It took me twelve years to secure the friends I would keep for life. How long is it going to take for me to find a group of real friends here? Sigh... I guess we'll see. Maybe tomorrow will be fantastic... and if not, I guess it gives me a reason to look forward to class.

No comments: