Sunday, August 3, 2008

Interesting...

So these past few days have been pretty interesting, and by interesting I mean amusing, skeevy, and spontaneous...

FRIDAY: So maybe the universe agrees with me (or I'm just a little conniving bitch), but somehow, I think I helped create a rift between my coworkers. Now, it's probably bad that I find this more amusing than upsetting, but honestly, I can't help but love the fact that I'm not the only one who finds the personality of Coworker X (as I shall call her) bitchy, annoying, and simply repulsive. Seriously though, I can't stand the constant sex talk, the frequent meowing, the retarded and condescending valley girl voice she uses at random... And my other coworker (who I shall refer to as the Jewish Stick Figure or JSF) also hates how she bosses him around while she sits there texting on her iPhone the whole damn day. She was being especially bitchy though on Friday, when she got pissed at JSF for no real reason and forced us to wait until she finished eating before we could eat ourselves. I mean, I didn't mind; I've definitely grown closer to a few of my coworkers this week and I'm fine with that. Our little group ate outside together where it was calm and relaxing (although this is what I meant by "creating a rift"). But seriously though, the point is, not getting laid the other night doesn't give her the right to be a bitch to her coworkers...

SATURDAY: So my friend BrownMan is a phantom in a local production of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and I found out that it would be his last show since he's going away for the next three weeks. Therefore, three of my friends and I make the decision to go see it, armed only with the forewarning from him not to raise our hands when they ask if there are any Rocky virgins out in the audience. Well, in addition to what another friend told us, we ended up being so skeeved out that (after arriving there an hour early) we stayed in the car for a good half hour before we happened to see him walking in. Then like the idiots that we are, we started shouting out the car window in order to call him over. When he came, we asked him to brief us on the show, and all he told us before running off to get dressed was that he was weirded out the first time he saw it too (not a good sign if you know his personality) and that it was about sexuality... and not in the sexual orientation way. So we're all really really skeeved out already when we entered the playhouse and found out to our horror that it's tiny (I would say it had a capacity of around 60 people). Normally, that probably wouldn't be a bad thing, but Rocky Horror relies on a lot of audience interaction... and let's just say the small theatre gave my dear friend the ability to interact with all of us. (Oh, if I could count the times I've expressed my hatred towards him... hah.) But I suppose it was okay. I was way too tired for that midnight show and the audience was waaaay too obnoxious for me to actually hear or understand anything, but he was happy that we came so I was happy too.

SUNDAY: So since the show started a half hour late, it didn't actually end until 2 and we didn't get back to Loo's house until 2:30. I was dead tired and looking forward to falling asleep, but of course, when you have a sleepover, you don't actually go to sleep. So we spent a few more hours talking and ended up sleeping from 5 to 11, when we woke up to tasty chocolate chip pancakes, courtesy of Loo's mother. Afterwards though, I went out with my parents to go grocery shopping, although I made sure I got myself to the mall as well in order to take advantage of a Victoria's Secret sale (hooray for saving $66 on underwear).

So yes, that was my exciting weekend. Be jealous. Although honestly, I really do feel happy... I spent time with friends and tomorrow I start another week of work, where I'm looking forward to having less worries than before.

No comments: