Monday, August 4, 2008

Fiesta

So I'm a bit upset that I had Mexican-themed food all day (Taco Bell for lunch, Baja Grill for dinner). I swear, after I had that Crunchwrap Supreme I was ready to throw up, and I only ate half of my quesadilla for dinner. I am, however, delighted to report that work went very well today. The air felt lighter, purer... and as serious as I am about that, of course I know that it was probably all in my head. But that's okay. As long as I feel good psychologically, I feel like I can get through anything.

In other news, my tennis team decided last minute to have a reunion today. Really, only five other girls managed to show up, but it was a good group and it was still fun. We played on the [ghetto] elementary school courts (cracked and netted with a short metal fence) for probably 20 minutes (possibly less), and then we went out for dinner. Afterwards, we stopped at Starbucks where we ironically ran into our first singles player, although she didn't stay with us. Then after chatting there for some time, we went to our teammate's house... which was absolutely ridiculous. Gorgeous pool, gorgeous interior design, home theatre, weight room, sauna, pool table, hot tub, tanning bed... Seriously, if the hamlet I live in is considered affluent, then it's people like her who significantly up the stats for the rest of us.

As I was in her pool and walking around her house though, I began to feel bad because I started wondering if anyone ever took advantage of her (which is sort of how I felt tonight). But then I brushed away the thought and figured that she's an alright person, so she'll be fine.

I mean, I guess it's nice to have a big house with everything you could possibly want in it, but I'm sure all that money comes with a burden as well. Seriously, as simultaneously intrigued and disgusted I am at her house (and as lame as it sounds), I think I'm actually just glad that I have work to look forward to tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is quite the extravagant house. Most hotels don't have that kind of luxury.

I normally love Taco Bell but I hate their nacho cheese sauce on anything but the nachos (though in that case they are delicious). Give me a regular Chalupa or Gordita any day.