Thursday, July 31, 2008

Something to Smile About

So today actually played out quite nicely... Perhaps I've been revitalized by yesterday's dinner conversations, but today I actually felt more reassured than I've been feeling lately.

Sure, I overslept this morning, found out to my dismay that I had FatMan's man-salad from yesterday instead of my Thai Chicken Pasta, was overall relatively irresponsible in my duties today, got ratted out about that by the intern-hating secretary, and had a spider drop on me from nowhere as I was lying on my bed reading, but my mind is [rather ironically] at peace.

It's amazing how different a person can feel when he realizes that he's not alone in his thoughts, when he finds out that there's still people on his side that are willing to talk to him and listen. And here I was thinking that no one would understand. But even though they don't completely agree, they do comprehend my situation and acknowledge me for who I am.

I was needy today, I admit. I spent time with the people whom I felt most comfortable with as opposed to trying to get along with the others. But honestly, I don't think it's wrong that I'm choosing whom to be around. I have my reasons, and I'm not alone in my thoughts. Therefore, in a situation like this, I think I'm justified.

Today I took a ride out for lunch for once. I decided I didn't want to stay behind with the others so I went with two of my coworkers whom I get along with well. Together we had an interesting time finding parking and getting to the creperie, where after some time we managed to finally enter and buy three sweet crepes. When we got back, the White Castle eating contest three of my other coworkers were participating in was already underway, all of them already on their eleventh burger. While I'd been suggesting it, I was pleasantly surprised when my two companions actually decided to sit outside, so we sat on the front lawn simply sharing the crepes we bought, chatting, laughing, away from everyone else.

So what if I can't accept them? I've always believed that fate leads people to the right path eventually. An alliance with the others... was perhaps simply never meant to be. But it doesn't matter. I have the alliances I need and care about.

No comments: