Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tuesdays and Testosterone

Well, life is sort of sucking right now. Today was a long day [as usual]. School sucked [as usual]. I especially didn't have a problem falling asleep in English and Biology today except it was apparently worse than usual since I left class not recalling anything we learned (though my best friend who was awake apparently couldn't recall anything either so maybe it wasn't me after all). Drivers Ed lecture REALLY sucked too, but that's also nothing new.

As for here at home, I've been cooped up in my room the past two days and three nights. I usually am anyway, but at least I can keep my door open and use my bathroom whenever I feel like it. Instead, my pseudo-clean room is beginning to smell like watermelon Trident again because I have the door closed all the time and my bladder has been stretched unnecessarily the past few days since the four boys all take showers at night. Yeah, with my father, brother, lack of mother, and them in my house (not to mention my other cousin who was here Sunday night, for a grand total of seven), I have been surrounded by WAY too much testosterone. Even this past Saturday, when I'm usually surrounded by girls, the fill-ins for my two coworkers were both guys (and my other friend came in late that day, making me the only girl in a room of guys, opposite of what it usually is), and yesterday while I was doing my homework in the science research room I was once again surrounded.

I feel bad, but they don't really speak English that well so I can't really talk to them. Anyway, they are leaving tomorrow, so I'll have the house to myself again soon enough. In fact, after tomorrow, break starts and I'll have a week to just catch up on sleep and other things. That doesn't mean I have less work to do (in fact I have a lot of projects to do over break... wait, what the hell?), but at least I don't have to worry about school or Drivers Ed or anything like that.

There's a long list of events coming up though, and I've already been talking to FatMan about which ones will have good results and which ones will have bad results. Don't worry though; I'll fill you all in on everything when the time comes.

No comments: