Monday, March 17, 2008

Green with... Anger

Happy St. Patrick's Day. I'm not Irish but 96% of the population at school at least partially is so I wore green anyway.

Today sucked though (yeah, about yesterday's post, I think it's time for life to collect on its interest, to be paid in the currency of misery and pain...). School wasn't absolutely horrible, but work really was. Remember what I was saying in this post about my coworker messing up and how everyone who sets up for that lab now has to do an extra step? Well guess who got that job today. Yep, you bet. Yours truly.

I probably wasted time complaining about it but can you blame me? Here's a list of things that made it oh-so-much worse:

1 - Coworker X was originally assigned to this wretched lab, however, his name was crossed out and replaced with mine. I suppose I would have been less mad if he was actually sick, but no -

2 - Coworker X was just home doing school work... Honestly, he must be a hypochondriac if he's going around preaching about the joys of Senioritis when he CLEARLY doesn't have it.

3 - Since my fellow coworkers didn't tell anyone that they used up some materials, I didn't have buffer OR DNA to work with. Neither! Therefore I had to spend an hour diluting stock solutions myself... a whole bloody hour!

4 - They didn't make labels for the tubes either! So guess who had to go print more?

5 - Didn't help that the lab I was setting up for was left a mess by today's class.

6 - Yeah, this experiment takes a good amount of time to do. Luckily my supervisor offered to take care of it for me otherwise I might have been there until 6.

Seriously, this isn't even half of the problems I've been having lately, and it really has gone on too long and too far. I'm really going to have to do something about this if I want to keep my sanity.

No comments: