Thursday, March 20, 2008

Solving Problems

So I actually had a pretty good day today. No school first of all, which is always a major plus in my life. I went to work, but since nothing actually had to get done (just overhauling labs and making them super-clean), FatMan and I were pretty relaxed and were having fun with really random things we found (ex: balloons).

We also had an intern meeting, which went exceedingly well. All the problems a couple of the other interns and I addressed in a [really long] e-mail were all addressed at the meeting (in fact, she kept referring to a piece of paper with text on it), so hopefully the situation at the lab that's been driving me crazy the past few months will improve.

I also got some not-so-good news when I got home, but since I didn't really care about it, I'm not sure if it can really be classified as "not-so-good news" or if it should just be "news." Or since I knew what the outcome would be from the start, if it could even be called news at all. Anyway, what happened was that I found out about another science competition and of course I didn't win anything. But since it specifically said, "Do NOT attempt to create another means of treating a disease" and that's EXACTLY what I did, you can understand why I'm not disappointed in the least.

I'm also concentrating on a huge scholarship now (which I do care about), so I'm not letting anything bother me. I'm still writing essays, and I need to videotape myself speaking about my project for about 15 minutes, but hopefully I can be done before the weekend, pull it all together Saturday night and Sunday, and send it out Monday...

Then I can worry about the s***load of work that was assigned to me from school. Hooray.

No comments: