Monday, March 31, 2008

Judgment Day

Rain. Rain fell. Rain fell from the sky. It had stopped though by the time I slipped on my red and blue sweater and ran out the door. Average day at school. Easy day at work. No troubles really. No troubles. Just strutting around in red and blue.

But that was what I was afraid of.

Checked Penn first for obvious reasons. Starting. Skimming. No need. I've familiarized myself with that first sentence that comes in all these letters.

Denied.
Silence.
I wanted to, but they didn't come.
No tears to wipe on red and blue.

Checked Brown next.

Denied.
This didn't surprise me though.

Tried to check Columbia but couldn't figure out how.

My last chance. It was okay to hold onto it, right?

Ate while watching the last episode of a show I've been following. Turns out the main guy ends up with the girl I wasn't rooting for, thus ending on a note I didn't think was right. How ironic that the girl I was rooting for finally managed to cry.

What's next? Hillary loses the nomination? Actually, about the Texas primacaucus...

Practiced my piano piece because I had to perform tonight in front of a judge. Still not perfect. Still not perfect. Still no tears. No tears to wipe on red and blue.

By chance, figured out how to check Columbia before I left. Surprise, surprise. Not.

Denied.

My last hope shattered before my eyes. Eyes still dry. No tears on red and blue.

Listened to a recording of the piece once more. Played the piece once more. Got in the car.

Rain fell. Almost fell. Rain almost fell from the sky. From my face.

Tears. Tears to wipe on red and blue.

To think I wore red and blue. My last chance to wear those colors in hope. What a fool I am, what a fool...

Waiting, waiting, wanting to cry as I waited my turn to play. I held it back though. No more tears on red and blue.

Somewhat randomly saw the Pig (who I've mentally acknowledged and reconciled with and shall now call the Engineer), who actually seemed like she was trying to avoid the conversation, but due to my own damned persistence told me that she herself got into Penn.

Wondered if someone hated me.

Eyes twitching. Body shaking, shivering in red and blue.

My turn came. Played scales. Played the piece. Chopin's Nocturne in E minor.

Wondered if all this sadness gave real emotion to the piece.

Played well. Thought it was a good ending. Then got sightreading.

May have as well been blindfolded... no exaggeration.

Came home. Time for rain? Time for tears?

I wanted to.

But I couldn't.

Took off the sweater.

No more tears on red and blue.

No comments: