Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sweet Retribution?

I really hope that this weekend was just retribution for getting sick this past week and that there isn't bad news to come. Because this weekend was seriously the best time I've had in a while...

Recapping because I can. Grammar mode: OFF!

FRIDAY: Skipped out on own school event. Met up with a friend/coworker instead and hopped on the 7 train to Downtown where I met up with more friends/coworkers and watched some of them perform in their school musical thing that seriously blew my mind. I'm not going to lie; Stuyvesant High School's got some serious talent. Yeah, it wasn't Broadway or anything, but the whole idea doesn't cease to amaze me. Three student-written, student-run, student-performed musicals that double as a competition between grades? So jealous! Why can't I have school spirit like that? Centered around each other rather than a single football team... Oh yeah, their football team sucks. Oh wait, so does ours! ... Wanted to go out for dinner afterwards but it got too late. Trainride back with friends was nice though.

SATURDAY: Work, but work has been fun lately. Few friends not there but fill-ins were pretty cool. Got to eat the pan fried noodles I've been craving for a week. So good, so good. Went snack-shopping afterwards with a coworker and bought more seaweed, apple gummies, and a grass-jelly drink. Realized that I should have drank the drink with a straw when I couldn't get the bits of jelly out of the can. Sucking it out afterwards with a straw gave me a stomachache but I slept it off... for 10 or 11 hours.

SUNDAY: Work again. Kids in the morning were bad, but you can't complain when you're essentially getting paid to do nothing. (It's what test proctors do!) Went out with same coworker to go snack shopping again, but didn't buy as much. Bought just a box of Pocky and this weird orange seltzer drink that opens by pushing down on a marble. Entertained my coworker and me for about an hour. Nice weather. A little cold and rainy, but it almost feels like Spring!

Anyway, I ought to get to work. Nothing's due tomorrow, but tomorrow will be hell if I don't do something about it. Plus my cousin from Thailand who I've never met before is coming soon, so since that's exciting I'm probably going to be distracted. So off to work... smiling for the first time in ages.

No comments: