Tuesday, August 28, 2007

No-Show

Okay, so today was probably one of the most difficult days I've had to get through, not because it was difficult in the slightest bit, but because I was about to die of sleep deprivation while sitting in my chair typing up reports (or not) at the lab.

For some reason, I feel like there's someone or something that is trying to make things extremely difficult for me. True, I did partially bring this upon myself by procrastinating to the point where I needed to stay up until 3:30 AM the past two nights to make up for it (and I still didn't finish everything). I also woke up at 6 this morning to see the lunar eclipse because my friend and I planned to wake each other up and watch it together. But anyway, is it really fair that I went through the additional trouble of leaving practice early today so I could get to Stony Brook, only to find that my grad student planned to not come in the first place?

In fact, I get to the lab and check my e-mail to see if she sent me anything. She did, and of course, when I check the time it was sent, it really was five minutes after I turned off my computer to leave. And to think, if I had only been slower by five minutes, I wouldn't have been stranded there for 6 hours and I could have been home sleeping.

Seriously though, what's up with all these no-shows? First I go to my workplace on Saturday, only to find it closed (when I'm going to pick up that application now is beyond me). Then today I go through so much trouble to get to the lab, and my grad student isn't even there. Dammit, I even woke up for nothing this morning, disrupting the measly 3 hours of sleep I would have had, because even the bloody eclipse decided not to show up!

Ugh... I can only hope that this will all be worth it in the end.

No comments: