Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Hangover and More

So I had a relatively eventful weekend. I finished a week of classes (one down, eleven more to go), and on Friday I went to go see The Hangover with a group of people. It's definitely not my type of movie, but Kait wanted to see Justin Bartha (whose character is the groom that goes missing). In case you were wondering it's basically every high school/college frat boy's dream experience on the big screen. It was probably the crudest, most ridiculous, and most vulgar thing I've ever seen (especially when the credits roll), but I have to admit that the story was actually put together... quite nicely, surprisingly enough. (Don't get me wrong; it's complete nonsense. But the nonsense makes sense... if that makes sense.)

Anyway, I spent the remainder of the weekend at Robert Moses with Kait and Brit yesterday and at my good ol' local beach with Loo today. Yesterday it was kind of cool for the beach, but today it was perfect.

In other news, this morning when I was running errands with my family I lost my heart-shaped locket. (Loo gave it to me for my 16th birthday, so I was naturally very upset). I spent the entire morning looking for it, and by sheer chance, an hour or two later and after we had driven back (on a whim) to the first place we visited, my dad checked where we had parked before and found it! I was so relieved. Unfortunately, it was flattened slightly so it won't close anymore, but I was grateful that I had it and that it was still intact. I put it away in its little box for now and I'm a little upset that I can't wear it anymore, but I was thinking that maybe I could frame it or something nice like that.

It definitely sucks too since I was actually contemplating wearing a different necklace today. Oh well, I suppose that's life.

No comments: