Thursday, June 25, 2009

Another End, Another Beginning

So it's been over two years now since I've had this blog. I honestly never imagined that it would last this long, even though I admit I've been rather lax with it lately. Still, I've never "successfully" kept a journal or diary, at least by my standards. Usually they deteriorate to frivolity and reach the point where even I'm too bored to continue writing in it.

By no means am I implying that this blog was anything other than frivolous. It is. But what I mean is that keeping a journal always became so pointless--for myself. I wrote in it because I felt I had to and because of that my writing lacked purpose.

To be honest, I've thought about closing shop here. I feel myself reaching that point; I've felt it for a while now. In fact, maybe I've always felt it. I wanted to blog about life, but I ended up being a lifeblogger. I wanted to offer smart social commentary, on God knows what, but that hardly happened, if at all.

Admittedly, this isn't the sort of writing I really like to do. My inspiration strikes me in the form of dialogue and images. My imagination comes to life in the form of movies, plays, novels. I like stories and I like to share them. Though I enjoy satiric comedy, I'm not witty enough to write biting remarks on politics and current events.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this. Part of me feels like I should stop but when I think about it I realize that I don't want to. So I suppose, maybe for a little longer, I'll keep writing. As boring as it is. As mundane as my life is.

It's just difficult when you have an aversion to the things that make up your material. Or simply the fact that some of those things just aren't appropriate for the public sphere.

Ugh, I need a break. Better yet, another start.

And just as a note, Congrats Class of 2009.

No comments: