Saturday, May 23, 2009

Boston Again

So I just got back from Boston... again. Yes, as I was riding the all-too-familiar green line I did indeed wonder myself what I was doing in that city again after less than two weeks of leaving it.

Here's how it all went:

PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: Attend my cousin's graduation from BC Law.
SECONDARY OBJECTIVE: See as many people as possible.

THURSDAY: Minivan with my cousin's parents and my own mother. Departure at 9:30. Arrive in Chinatown for food, arrive at my aunt's house in New Jersey to pick up this aunt and another. Total number of aunts: 3 plus my mother (and yes, they're all sisters--imagine that car ride). Arrive in Boston at 6:15. After saying hello to my cousin, hopped on the T to meet Izzy for dinner at Uno's. After a very rushed dinner (she had to catch the commuter rail), headed over to Lillian's apartment before heading over to Seabird's (the ex-roomie, I figured it was time to give her a name) apartment for a visit. Headed back and crashed.

FRIDAY: Grabbed lunch from the GSU (it was weird having to use real money, by the way) and headed over to the science building with Lillian to eat with Seabird, Jooles, and other people. Didn't get to enjoy my lunch at all though since my mother can't comprehend basic directions and I had to stay on the phone to make sure the minivan knew where to pick me up. After much frustration, we all headed to the graduation where I baked in the hot sun for two hours. The family was embarrassing of course (and my feet were in horrible pain from my shoes), but I just kept my objectives in mind. Refusing to go back with the family after, I hung out at my cousin's apartment for a bit until dinner. Any frustration definitely subsided at this point though, as we went to Legal Sea Foods at the Pru. Behold:

The appetizer of raw goodness.

The famous New England clam chowder (served at every presidential inauguration since 1981).

My main course: Wood Grilled Assortment.

SATURDAY: Lillian's roommate's boyfriend cooked pancakes for all of us. Then Lillian and I went to the BU Beach to chill for a couple hours before I said goodbye and went to meet my family at the Pru. Had lunch at the Pru. Then headed back home with the cousin in tow, stopping only in Flushing to eat good Chinese food for dinner.

And there you go. Another busy adventure. It's really a shame I didn't get to spend more time in Boston but I guess I just have to enjoy the excitement another time.

No comments: