Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hitting the Town

My cousin and I had a very special visitor come to Boston for a few days. She arrived on Thursday and from then to today we've just been having a blast.

THURSDAY: I had an anthro exam on Friday so it was actually one of those few Thursdays where I wasn't not doing anything, otherwise I would have just hung out with them and had fun. Of course, I didn't let it completely stop me from going out, and so I still enjoyed a [second] dinner at Fin's with them. (I know, I'm a fatty.) But oh, how we love sushi...

FRIDAY: After my class, we took her to the dining hall for lunch where the food was actually quite good (and prospective students were aplenty, which explains it). Then we went out to Newbury and met up with my cousin's friends. We hit a few stores and then went to H&M, which was a bad move on my part since I went on a complete spree through the store. They had to help me decide which things to leave behind! (I am not a shopaholic. Really...) Afterward, we headed out to Quincy Market, which was my first time there since my visit during Orientation week. It was nice this time around though since I got there late last time and the stores were closed by the time I finished dinner. But anyway, we got to walk around inside the buildings (there's so much food, I had no idea!) and see street performers, well, perform. After a couple hours, we headed back to campus to freshen up before heading out to Newbury again for dinner. We ate at this cute little Italian restaurant named Bottega Fiorentina. It was absolutely delicious and decently priced, a place I definitely made note to visit again soon. After dinner, I was going to go back, but my cousin's friend made me go with them to see The Knowing, and I ended up calling a couple of my friends to join us. Let's just say the movie was both ridiculous and intense.

SATURDAY: We went to go get dim sum at the China Pearl in Chinatown, though we left late so my cousin had to leave for her dance lesson before we could all eat. Afterward, I took our guest to the Galleria to go shopping again (where I managed to exercise some restraint). We spent a good few hours there before heading back to campus, where we got Starbucks and relaxed in my dorm until my cousin got back. When she called, we headed over to her place and then out to dinner from there. The three of us and my cousin's friend decided to eat at Shabu Zen, a hotpot restaurant, which was okay but expectedly a little pricey. We did something a bit embarrassing while we were there, but it was funny nonetheless. We went to Super 88 (this Asian marketplace) for bubble tea after, and then we headed back. (Oh, and as a side note, the NCAA hockey finals were last night, and BU won in an AMAZING comeback.)

So yeah, today the four of us had brunch at Bertucci's before she had to head back home. I have to admit, it wasn't as great as I expected, but at least I've finally eaten there. But anyway, after that we finally said goodbye and parted ways, my cousin went with her to South Station, and I went back to my dorm to catch up on work.

And here I am now. Not much different. With the exception that, after this weekend, I am now significantly poorer than before. Oh dear...

No comments: