Friday, March 27, 2009

Longest Week

So for some reason, this week felt painstakingly long. Maybe it's because I had a history paper, math homework, a math quiz, and a math midterm due or occurring sometime within the past three or four days, but all I know is that I just needed to be able to press pause on different parts of the week.

The good news though is that it's over for now. That history paper was my last until the final project, and we have no math homework or discussion this week! Plus, we got our English papers back (the one that I finished last minute), and I'm gradually improving (unless my professor is the type who likes to incrementally increase your grade to make you think that you're improving, though I'm 67% sure that's not the case).

I also submitted my short story to this competition, so that's finally off my mind. Unfortunately, I didn't get much feedback on it before turning it in, but hopefully they'll find it acceptable. If I win, I get this award and a cash prize (though of course, that's not what I care about). Oh, but it really would be wonderful if it actually works out... Wish me luck, please!

But yes, in summary, I'm just glad this week is over. Yesterday my hallmates, roommate, and I celebrated Coco's birthday, and today I bought two casual mini dresses/tunics and a pair of flats while shopping and then had a long phone date with Kait. As you can see, I haven't hesitated to embrace the weekend at all.

No comments: