Thursday, December 4, 2008

Stomach Bug

So to be honest, I haven't been feeling very well since I got back on Sunday. I've lost my appetite somewhat (or at least I feel nauseated after I eat), I've been having some level of abdominal discomfort, and my stomach is making the loudest noises.

I've tried to control my diet over the past few days and recall what I've been eating, but the only reason as to why I'm not feeling well that I could think of was that I wasn't used to the dining hall food again and/or the crappy bus ride on Sunday got me sick.

When I did some online research, I wasn't liking what I was finding. (Tapeworm, in particular, disgusts me to no end. If you want to google them on your own time go ahead, but I couldn't bring myself to post a link of those impossibly long parasites.)

So to make sure it wasn't anything serious, I decided to take a trip to Student Health Services today. It turned out to be a stomach virus, even though I'm not throwing up or anything. I guess I'm just reacting to it differently than everyone else. Either way, I'm already feeling a little better, whether that's actually due to the visit or to the fact that I waited four days to get it checked out.

Whatever, as long as it's not a tapeworm... blegh.

No comments: