Monday, December 15, 2008

America's Princess?

Caroline Kennedy Is Seeking Seat Held by Clinton

Okay, I don't know what this woman has done, but personally, I think that's the problem.

I don't really believe in what she's doing. I don't believe that she can insist on staying out of politics and then suddenly show an interest in becoming a senator, or if she does actually have a genuine interest that she can become one without running for the position.

I think she's taking advantage of the fact that the seat was vacated by Hillary (of all people). I think she's taking advantage of Gov. Patterson's need to appoint a person he can be reelected with. I think she's taking advantage of her namesake.

In other words, I don't think this is right. I understand she's a Kennedy. I understand that she's a good person and won't be corrupt or anything like that. But to appoint a person with no real political experience to such a high post is preposterous (even Obama earned his positions). Were it not for her name, she would never even have been considered for this post.

And maybe it's just because I'm too young to appreciate the Kennedy namesake, but I could care less if the Senate would be left Kennedy-less. If she really is the most qualified candidate then let her have it. But if not, I hope New Yorkers will be smart enough to realize what's happening and to make their voices heard.

No comments: