Friday, October 31, 2008

Hapless Halloween

So this has been one of the worst Fridays ever...

In fact, the only funny thing that happened today was that my roommate got spooked (or to be more specific, borderline-traumatized) at one or two in the morning because the box she was holding literally leapt off her lap (I saw), which sent us on a mousehunt for an hour (even though we know for sure that we have no mice). So now she's afraid of boxes. Oh, and we determined the scratching sounds in the walls must be a basilisk moving through the pipes. Yep.

And no, my dorm isn't haunted. That would be the fourth floor of Shelton Hall, down the road.

But then here's the bad news (and there's lots of it)...

Firstly, I stayed up doing physics (but of course that's nothing new).

Then I had to wake up at 8 because I had to be at a high school to administer a pretest for PHE. This wouldn't have been so much of a problem if a) I wasn't dead tired and b) I didn't miss the bus by less than a minute! Seriously, missing that bus set me back an entire half-an-hour, and much to my embarrassment I had to walk in late.

Then after my classes, I was in a frenzy trying to finish my physics homework that was just impossible for me this week. My intention was to finish the homework early so I could hang out with Izzy, but instead I stayed there working on it until 6 (by which point it was already dark and I had a slight headache).

So after finally finishing, I met Izzy and we decided to hop directly on the T to Salem. The train ride out of the city was sort of fun, but Salem was a madhouse. That is, we knew it was going to be busy, but there were lines to every restaurant, and people were already quite drunk. It was still early for the night, but we were so hungry that we just decided to leave.

Luckily, we got back to Boston at 10:40 or so, which was just enough time to eat at a restaurant before it closed. We ate at Fin's, a sushi place, and fortunately, because of it I could end my night on a good note.

But there's still people outside (thank you, big Kenmore frat party) who are screaming and being loud. Ugh, but they're not even as bad as the people at the T stations we passed; drunk, rude, and obnoxious, as the T honked incessantly at them to get out of the way, Izzy shouted:

God! We should just run them over!

Halloween just isn't our holiday.

No comments: