Thursday, October 23, 2008

Achieving Normality

I totally shouldn't be blogging right now but whatever...

So firstly, I'd just like to report that I got back my physics midterm during discussion today, and alas, I did NOT fail! I got a 75, which was below average (80), but frankly, I could care less since I actually PASSED. Of course, both my professor and my TF found the need to point out that it was on the easy side (thereby popping my already tiny self-esteem bubble AGAIN), but nonetheless, I'm still quite ecstatic, especially because I apparently have a B in the course so far. Really! A B never even crossed my mind! (Maybe I won't lose my scholarship after all!)

So I basically have to maintain that now... hopefully it won't get harder from here.

In other news, I met with an advisor today for class registration. He ended up being a fantastic guy and the meeting went quite smoothly. So for next semester, I'm starting off on track to becoming an English major, while continuing physics (though at the most basic level possible), restarting French (from the beginning, as I wished), and taking a history class about catastrophe and memory for my honors program requirement (though it does seem very very interesting). I looked up reviews on ratemyprofessors.com and even blocked out my schedule, so I'm just hoping the actual registration goes smoothly and that I'll get everything I wish for.

It really is great though. I'm excited for life again. And hopefully this path won't lead to a dead end.

But even life right now, I've just been feeling pretty wonderful lately (aside from the fact that I'm procrastinating a lot and eating and sleeping like a bear). I'd also just like to make a petty point that I haven't eaten a meal alone since Monday afternoon, which at six consecutive meals is definitely a record for me. I know that sounds silly, but to me it signifies that I'm achieving the... normality I've always wanted. And maybe this sounds dumb but to me... that's like seeing rays of sunlight come through after a storm.

No comments: