Monday, September 29, 2008

Marshmallow Cow Patty

This sounds delish:

“This is a huge cow patty with a piece of marshmallow stuck in the middle of it and I am not going to eat that cow patty,” said Representative Paul Broun, Republican of Georgia.

I'm sorry. I probably shouldn't find it funny that the bailout failed in the House, but come on--who really says something like that?

So back to my little isolated world here at BU... I'm a little upset again. I mean, I had a great Friday and Saturday despite the pouring rain. On Friday, the physics homework went well and I met four more people from my class. Then my roommate and I decorated this blank wall in the room so now it's pretty. Afterward, the people living across the hall from us came over and together we played a game of Apples to Apples so that was fun. Then Saturday I had lunch with my cousin, and I spent the rest of the day doing work and tidying up the room a bit but I didn't really mind.

I got a lot of work done on Sunday but I still didn't get to my calculus work (which puts me four weeks behind now I would say). My roommate also went to the hospital when I was still sleeping yesterday so I was a little worried when I found that out. She's still there now, and honestly I don't know how long she's going to be there for.

Today was pretty bad too. I had another meeting with my advisor who really asked me to think about what my priorities were. Then directly afterward I had to seek help on this IMPOSSIBLE physics problem that was due today, so thank goodness I managed to eat breakfast today because I had to forgo lunch (since I had classes right after from 12-3). After that I had to go back to my physics homework, which I finished right before my PHE meeting (which I literally had to run to so I wouldn't be late). Thank goodness my workshop meeting was quick today so that I could go grab dinner before the general meeting, otherwise I wouldn't have eaten until now.

Ugh... but seriously, I wonder if I should take my feelings as a sign that something I'm doing now isn't actually right for me.

No comments: