Friday, September 26, 2008

Epic Fail

Excerpt: AIM Conversation

Me: your bank failed
FatMan: Wamu!!!!????
FatMan: like bankrupt?
FatMan: should i switch banks?

Hah... Sorry, I couldn't resist. But yeah, apparently the government has seized it and parts of it have been sold to JP Morgan Chase. So for those of you with WaMu accounts, no worries to the point that your assets are safe.

But frankly, I'm quite amazed how unaffected I feel as a college student. You'd think going to school in Boston would be less isolating, but I still quite manage to feel like I'm in my own little world.

Speaking of my own little world though, it's absolutely consuming my life if you can't tell from my lack of blog posts. Monday was endless; after three hours of classes I had my three hour lab and then at 8 PM a three hour Orientation session for the Peer Health Exchange Program (but yes, hooray, I did get in). Tuesday night was the worst night yet though as I had 80 pages to read and a short story to write for my writing class, 60 pages to read and an informal reaction/comparison paper to write for my Holocaust literature and film class, a physics quiz to study for, and two (now three) weeks of math work to make up and learn.... for a quiz as well.

My emotions have just been tearing each other apart too over this whole "majoring in physics" business. I literally cried to my advisor on Monday because some things just upset me that much. I ultimately decided to continue with what I'm doing, but I'm still doubtful and I asked to meet with him again this coming Monday. But seriously, the emotional roller coaster I've been riding since I got here just keeps getting more and more intense.

But it hasn't been all bad news. Last weekend I spent a day with my roommate on Newbury Street, and since I had free movie tickets we went to see The Dark Knight since she hadn't seen it before (it was amazing how full the theatre still was). Then on Sunday we had a little hall bonding kickball game (although no one came), but it was still fun. As for this past week, I got a chance to hang out and [sort of] study with my cousin on Wednesday. I also mailed a package out on Monday for my best friend's birthday, and at first I was afraid it wouldn't get there on time, but it arrived right on schedule and she was happy. Then my political cartoon was published in the student newspaper on Tuesday which was awesome. I managed to fill a niche and they invited me to join them on their "beer nights" (their informal meetings/social gatherings every Thursday). But of course, since my physics homework is due every Friday, that has to come first.

And since I'm still technically working on that as I write this, that's it for now. Hopefully I'll have time to post again sometime this crazy, crazy weekend.

No comments: