Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Freshman Fall Beginnings: Part II

Okay, so I'm not going to write a long post because I'm mentally exhausted and I need to go to bed. Today's classes went well. I think I'm going to enjoy my Holocaust Literature and Film class, and my writing class seems pretty chill too. The former has a thorough mix of students (as in freshmen, sophomores, etc.), and I'm assuming my writing class has a lot of freshmen but I could be wrong.

What really bothered me today was the walk from one building to the other. In fact, I already spoke with my writing teacher about being late every class just because there isn't a faster way to get around campus, and he's okay with it. A more urgent topic though is all the communication I've been having with the professors. I met with my Physics professor today to talk about my math class, and he concluded that I should try moving to a higher level math class lest I be screwed over next semester in PY252.

So that was pretty discouraging, and then I had this whole correspondence going with three professors and a teaching fellow (TFs, exactly like TAs). It's very exhausting, and now I'm scheduled to miss my MA123 discussion to attend a MA124 lecture... more info on how that goes later.

Ugh... I just need to talk to so many people. It doesn't help that my writing assignment is due in approximately 24 hours, and my physics homework (which is going horribly) on Friday. I just don't know what to do right now... I'm planning to stop by the pre-med advising office tomorrow because I feel like they know everything, but I hope I don't have to wait for an appointment or anything because in the state I'm in that would be absolutely horrible.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I very nearly avoided a long ass walk last year. I'm glad your professor is sympathetic, since it's out of your hands.