Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Rawr

Sorry for my absence... I was actually planning to blog last Wednesday, but I was so flustered after a [disastrous] intern dinner that I couldn't write for days. (Coworker X was there. Enough said.)

Then yesterday, as much as I was (for the most part) pleasantly surprised by my two artsy-fartsy friends' appearance at my door, and with a copy of our school's super-delayed literary magazine for me in their hands no less, I was horrified to find out that the people altered my artwork... I mean, seriously? They had the nerve to cut off writing submissions before the actual deadline so that none of my writing was even considered, and now, the only work of mine that did get in, they decide to mess that up too? And why was mine the only picture altered! Bullshit!

I hate you, Kaleidoscope. You took my shittiest poems last year and put them in, even messing one of them up, and then you took my sole piece of artwork and stripped it of all its meaning. ALL OF IT. Even from an aesthetic point of view, it sucks now. To me, its only beauty was in its color and its contrast, but now there's none of that. (But that's what happens when you take it upon yourself to recolor my artwork goddamn PURPLE.)

Ugh... and the FedEx guy came this morning with my laptop. Except the laptop isn't in my hands right now. Why? Because of course, he just happened to come in the freaking FIVE MINUTE TIME FRAME during which I was showering... Ugh! I knew knew knew that was going to happen! GRR!

Sigh... back to packing now, which is quite frustrating itself.

No comments: