Thursday, August 28, 2008

Blogging from Boston

So after a long process I'm officially in Boston and settled in. I arrived on campus around 1 PM, and thanks to the magnificent Boston streets I finally managed to reach my dorm around 1:30 after going around that part of the city twice. (One way streets + no left turns + city traffic = annoying.)

I've met my suitemate, who seems pretty nice. (My roommate isn't coming in until Monday.) I've found a place for all my things and finally finished unpacking around 1 AM (don't worry, I didn't spend all 12 hours on it). After going out to dinner my internet finally began to work too, which was a relief, although I still need to go through this complicated process to renew my student e-mail account.

I do have the help of my cousin though, which is awesome. After helping me unpack yesterday, she slept over, and today we're going to see her parents and sister off and then run a bunch of errands around campus.

But I really can't wait to start the day. I mean, I have to admit, yesterday I did feel strangely. I was optimistic and hopeful, yet feeling so vulnerable at the same time. I've never worried about leaving, never thought I would miss my parents, but I can't really deny that I was actually a bit sad to see them go. I've been telling everyone that college was like a really long trip, that there's no reason to be sad because you'd see everyone again, but regardless, I found it pretty difficult to follow my own advice yesterday.

But oh well. Today is a brand new day, and today I start a new chapter of my life. From this point on I'm going to be strong... as long as I find some friends first. Hah...

Stay tuned for pictures...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My last roommate just moved in right now, actually. The other three of us have been living here for almost a week, and we're still not fully settled in XD . (I'm nearly there though.)

And remember, home is only a $15 bus away.