Tuesday, June 3, 2008

No Decisions Tonight

Hillary is staying in for now, but I still want to cry. Somehow, I think the reason why I'm so emotionally attached to her is because I know that feeling... to work so hard and not get what you truly deserve in the end. All her life she's played second fiddle to everyone - hey, that's politics and even life itself - but everyone seems determined to keep her there.

Is it because she's a woman? No, I don't think that's as much as a factor as everyone thought it would be. I still don't understand why people were calling on her to drop out of the race as early as March though. The woman has a right to fight for what she believes in, does she not?

Oh, and I lied. If Hillary loses (and if I could vote this November), I would vote for McCain. I know I criticized those Hillary-supporters in the past as being close-minded fools (Sorry?), but I just don't feel that Obama has proven himself competent enough to be President. In the past, I said, "I'll take the risk and give him a chance," but honestly, it's not really a risk I want to take anymore. I don't really have problems with the Republicans... I just don't believe in that religious mumbo-jumbo that ends up ostracizing homosexuals and condemning abortion. While I have more liberal views regarding society and social standards, my views on the economy and such are conservative. And right now I would definitely rank the economy as the most urgent issue to be addressed.

The Republicans are navigating slightly towards Democratic ideals too. I don't really expect them to keep their promises, but if McCain wants to see a second term then we should be slowly clearing out of Iraq and global warming should be addressed somewhat (I think... I didn't read the article at the time). While it's a clear attempt to attract Hillary's disgruntled voters (hey, it's working on me), if he actually goes through with what he says, I think it will be alright.

Sigh... I don't know anymore. I think part of me is glad that I have an excuse not to vote this coming election, even if most of my friends will be casting their ballots for the first time.

No comments: