Thursday, May 8, 2008

I Hate Waitlists (Do You Too?)

Top Colleges Dig Deeper in Wait Lists for Students

See! This is why I think it's stupid that some kids get into every school and other kids get rejected by every school. Because the kid who got into every school he/she applied to might have applied to 20 schools, and so once that person chooses his/her school, it frees up 19 whole spaces! While most kids probably apply to maybe 10-15 schools, that's still a lot of room.

I know that a rejected person would have been low on the waiting list anyway, but still. It would have saved us all from that mass wave of depression that day.

So if anyone is still hanging on that last shred of hope, waiting for that letter to come, then you have my best wishes. While I'm still on a waiting list at Barnard, BU's given me more than I hoped for. So I'm sticking with it.

But then why does the thought of that letter make my heart waver? Why does reading that article, reading about Penn, still evoke desire in my soul?

I hope this is normal.

No comments: