Friday, March 28, 2008

Love Me, Love Me Not

So by some slim chance, unless it was just being screwy, earlier as I was checking my e-mail I just happened to receive letters from a couple of schools.

STANFORD - Rejected, which was of course disappointing, but I was convinced that if I did happen to get in, it would surely be an act of God or something of that nature. I thought this bit of the letter was entertaining though:

"We know this is disappointing news to receive; for that reason, and to be environmentally conscious, you will not be sent a paper copy of this letter by mail unless you instruct us otherwise."

I admire their sensible concern for the environment (22,000 rejection letters and envelopes DOES mean a lot of dead trees), but as my brother put it, "You're not even worth a piece of paper."

BU - Accepted! But I didn't get the trustee's scholarship (which was a full-ride), and the amount I did get still renders the final cost at around $30,000 (not as bad, but still). So if there really aren't that many benefits, I might just go with...

BINGHAMTON - Accepted... but no special offers as of now. Still, at $18,000ish a year, it's still cheaper than BU, and in terms of education I don't think it will make so much of a difference.

Of course I'm still waiting on the Ivies and Bowdoin College, so that's four schools I've yet to hear from. So far I've been accepted to three, rejected from two, and waitlisted at one (not counting my ED at Penn). The way things are going though, I'm wondering if I'll really have any other options to choose from.

No comments: