Saturday, February 16, 2008

Cult of Personality

The Charisma Mandate

“What is troubling about the campaign is that it’s gone beyond hope and change to redemption,” said Sean Wilentz, a historian at Princeton (and a longtime friend of the Clintons). “It’s posing as a figure who is the one person who will redeem our politics. And what I fear is, that ends up promising more from politics than politics can deliver.”

I thought that this was an EXTREMELY well thought out article regarding the whole "likeability factor" and exactly how acceptable it is to simply support Obama because of his eloquence. I think it addresses it pretty fairly too, but then again my senses probably aren't keen enough to pick up bias on something I'm actually not indifferent about.

So yeah, I'd really give this a look if I were you.

Oh, but since I'm not indifferent, I found this NYTimes blog post (A Calumny a Day to Keep Hillary Away) highly agreeable.

No comments: