Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Age of American Unreason

Well, seems like Obama took Wisconsin, and I assume he'll take Hawaii too. Ah, I just really hope Hillary can pull off that Ohio/Texas win.

Aside from that though, I'm exceedingly happy. My brother bought me The Phantom of the Opera soundtrack (the broadway version) last night, and I'm listening to it now. My order from Barnes & Noble came in today too, so I also have the Sweeney Todd movie soundtrack and a book titled, The Age of American Unreason by Susan Jacoby.

It's basically about how American society is so generally... dumb.

A better description can be found in this article titled, "Dumb and Dumber: Are Americans Hostile to Knowledge?" Once I knew what it was about, I immediately knew I had to read it. In fact, this is probably one of the most impulsive buys I've ever made (which, I know, is pretty lame, but hey, I think things out... a lot). It hit stores Sunday and I ordered it online Saturday night, so I'm really loving B&N's free expedited 3-day shipping right now. I don't think I'm going to read it just yet, but I will once I get my room and some school work straightened out (yeah, I'm not sure exactly when that will be either).

Stay tuned for that classic picture of my super-messy, uber-cluttered, "That's a desk?" desk. Coming soon to a blog near you!

No comments: