Thursday, November 8, 2007

Kill Me, Calculus

So today was a rather interesting day. As I'm looking at the clock, I'm realizing that I've been up for about 20 hours now.

Twenty hours may not sound like a lot (believe me, it isn't), but if you do the math you'll realize that I've been up since 3 AM. But alas! I have not taken a nap yet (though I admit, it was close).

In fact, today was probably the first time I really ever took a nap into the early, early morning and stayed up until I went to school. Since I have the weakest willpower in the world when it comes to being tired and going to sleep, I usually end up falling back to sleep for at least 15 minutes before I need to get ready for school. So naturally, being in school this morning was really quite weird.

And you know what's even weirder?

This morning, while getting ready, I tripped and slammed my toe into my Calculus textbook which was lying on the floor. Okay, so I have a messy room. I'll clean it soon.

But then I go to first period, Calculus of course (because how could I possibly start off my days any better?), and we get back our tests. After the usual "I don't know what to do with you guys" talk, she hands back our tests, and I more or less did as well as I thought I did.

Thirty-seven, baby. Oh yeah.

Oh wait. I got a point back for putting a "good wrong answer." So it's really a thirty-eight.

Lucky me.

To make matters worse, even though my class got bagels today, I stabbed myself with the butter knife while attempting to cut mine in half. (And I don't care what you say; yes, I cut my finger with a [metal] butter knife and you damn well better believe that it still hurts.)

Did I mention that it was her knife that she brought from home too? Nah, didn't think so.

Coincidence? Of course, but it all still sucks.

Oh, Calculus, how I love you so.

No comments: