Monday, November 5, 2007

Breaking News: Sleep is Good

Sleep Loss Lowers Grades.

"It's very hard to get a teenager to get 8.5-9.5 hours of sleep."

You know, all I can say is...

NO SHIT.

Who doesn't realize that teenagers aren't getting enough sleep these days? And whose fault do you think that is?

Kids these days have it so good. They can handle hours of homework. You're lazy; go take up a hobby. You're fat; go take up a sport. Stop complaining and go get a job. They can handle it...

Oh yes, we can handle it all, can't we?

Why don't you all just shut up?

Instead of doing all these studies, why doesn't anyone just do something about it? It isn't a problem that can't be fixed. If you're going to expect so much out of kids these days then be practical. Stop trying to kill us. You really are killing us!

Sigh... and I personally love the fact that I'm getting a third of the recommended hours of sleep each night. In fact, I don't even want to talk about the health and emotional problems I will be/am having because of this. (Can you tell?) Oh, but my favorite part is the fact that fifteen minutes can apparently make a difference between an A student and a B student.

Could you imagine if I'd slept a little more?

I'd be a fucking genius.

No comments: