Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Last First Day

So the time is now approximately 5:04 PM. I've been awake for about... 27 1/2 hours now.

Despite this, I hardly think this is the reason as to why I've been so pissed all day. Sure I stayed up all night the day before school started to write a research paper (or as far as I could get anyway), but I was perfectly perky when I got to the Bluff for Senior Sunrise. Even when I got into school, I was happy as ever (or maybe I had already passed my breaking point).

Next thing I know though, during first period, I find out that I have a lunatic for a math teacher and that I no longer attend a school, but a jail instead, where taking out a cellphone or MP3 player means confiscation and then suspension. Plus, being late a couple of minutes suddenly translates to a couple of hours of community service. Pardon my language, but as a friend once recited on stage, "What the fuck is this shit?"

Seriously, I have never felt more confined in my life. What kind of shit school has this become? Cellphones and MP3 players were never a problem, and most kids have the sense and/or respect to put them away in class. Why do they find the need to literally yank phones out of students' hands? (Is short, wittle Knottie feeling all mighty and powerful now?) And what's with this tardiness policy? Sorry, I was throwing up guts and blood, I'll accept my detention now? Not even. Sorry, for once in my life, I did what any human being can do and overslept, can I polish the windows to our pathetic little trophy case after school? Fuck no.

It doesn't help that the lunchroom is now an animal house (yes, it's worse than before), and that they wouldn't let me buy just a salad. No, I had to buy a pizza or meatball hero in order to get a salad on the side. So much for healthy eating. Hope they're happy. I just drank a Snapple for lunch. Plus, the schedules are beyond messed up, and they were taking down names of kids who were not aware of their special scheduling circumstances ON THE FIRST GODDAMN DAY. I mean, would you give the kids a freaking chance?

Something has got to be done about this. This is my last year, my senior year, and if someone is going to bring hell upon me, then I'm more than willing to fight fire with flame.

No comments: