Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Pasta With Shrimp Ragù

Screw you, Martha.

I don't usually brag, but I must say...

I am one hell of a cook.

Haha... Okay, I know I'm exaggerating, but I really did cook that delectable dish you see above. While I admit that it's not exactly what it's supposed to look like (I was improvising again for the usual reasons) and cooking it took me twice as long as it's supposed to (as always), it tasted pretty damn good if I do say so myself. It's not as colorful as it's supposed to be (I didn't have orange carrots or green oregano), but for something whose presentation I didn't care about at all, this came out pretty nice.

Recipe is here, and short article and how-to-do video here. The Minimalist (a.k.a. Mark Bittman) shows us how it's done, and everything he says is surprisingly correct. I even threw the pasta against my fridge to test it (haha), but unfortunately it did stick.

Good ol' NYTimes. Screw you, Martha. This is my kind of cooking.

No comments: