Thursday, June 21, 2007

Season of Goodbyes

With a shower of maroon and white, it was over. Everything ended. One cheer, one final goodbye...

Who could have imagined? Who could have known we'd grow to like each other that much, or rather not even necessarily like, but become accustomed to? It's strange, very strange, watching everyone disappear like that, with a flutter of satin hats before one's eyes.

I was so happy. I don't think it was ever like this before. No, I was never this happy. I finally knew what it meant to not want anything in the world than that which I already had, to be perfectly content with everything and everyone I knew, including any misery and sadness, things I tried mistakenly to ignore before. There were things I sacrificed and endured for the life I know now, but knowing life now makes me think that this was the way it was supposed to be.

It was fun while it lasted. It was only a year, but it was only a year. Sometimes, I wished it would never end, so that I would never have to say goodbye, but to be honest, I like having memories that I can hold so dearly in my heart. It's a nice feeling that I'll admit I've hardly ever felt before.

But I guess I didn't just grow accustomed to them. I think I grew to like them too because I don't think I've ever cared so much before. For the first time, I felt like too many people were saying goodbye, but even I have said goodbye myself to pursue new things. But that's it.

So is this the end? No, only some things end so that we may move on to even better things in life. They've said goodbye because they are on their way to their futures. As for me, I've said goodbye because with this new hope everyone has given me, I feel like there's so much more to live for.

"I want to believe that here is only partway through."

(Hybrid Rainbow - the pillows)

No comments: