Friday, April 24, 2009

Preparing for Hell Week

So it's been a good few days. Thursday ran on a Monday schedule this week, so I've essentially only had an hour of class (anthro) on each of the past three days. Speaking of which, my anthro professor actually brought in his [lime green] bullwhip like he promised at the beginning of the semester and cracked it at the end of class. You'd think it would be sort of lame, but no--it was freaking awesome. Totally made everyone's day.

In general, I also feel a bit better about my life now since I've gotten my paper topics figured out, and I've gone to the library to take out the books I needed which happened to be as many as I could carry (didn't help that it was raining Wednesday afternoon and my open bag also had my laptop in it). I probably should have taken the T that day, but what's a mile walk with 15 pounds of books and an umbrella tactfully held in your already full hands...

In other news, I helped out with the Honors Program reception today which was nice. I basically just spoke with prospective students and their parents, and I have to admit that I really do enjoy that kind of stuff. In fact, lately I've been thinking about a possible career in education administration, but of course it's just a thought and I'm not worrying about that at all right now. Anyway, I also found out that two other people I know will be living in the Honors House next year, and they're both really cool so I think it will be a good house.

Today I also attended the Freshman Resource Advisor Spring Welcome which was actually pretty fun. We did that icebreaker where you have a picture on your back and you have to guess who you are based on what people tell you. They used Disney characters, and it was cool because the groups were organized by movie as well, so after the initial icebreaker you had to find others who were in your movie and that was your group. Overall it was actually more fun than I expected and everyone seems really nice. Granted, I already knew a lot of the people who are doing it, but I'm definitely excited to be a FRA. I get to have my own litter of Terrier pups! Hah.

Anyway, that said, today is probably going to be my last day of fun for a while. I need to read four books for my English paper this weekend, and I'm already behind schedule (not that scheduling things ever actually works for me). Apart from that, I have an anthro test to study for, a scene to rehearse, and a history paper to write. Ugh!

So here we go! Let hell week begin!

No comments: