Friday, February 20, 2009

Early to Rise

Let me just start off by saying how ridiculous this week has been... and for once I mean that in a good way.

It started off Monday afternoon when I woke up at sunset. Yes, sunset. I finally managed to roll out of bed around 5:15 in the afternoon (evening?). Fortunately, I had no classes.

Since I had to FreeP soon after, I didn't get any work done that day; however, I do have one good thing to say: strangely enough, that nocturnal experience did manage to set my internal clock straight somehow.

This entire week, I've managed to wake up relatively early and without an alarm (with the exception of Thursday, since I had an 8 AM class). It's given me enough time to loll around while getting ready and to eat a hearty breakfast with my roommate. It's really nice, and I really like it.

I always wanted to be a morning person, though my mastery of procrastination techniques has prevented me thus far from ever being one. Now, suddenly, by this strange twist of fate, I've effortlessly managed to become one. All it cost me was an entire day of productivity--though that seems fair to me. (Honestly, how productive would I have been on Monday anyway?)

This week has been a relatively easy week though. As I think I may have mentioned in a previous post, Tuesday classes were substituted by Monday classes, and I personally had both my discussions cancelled on Wednesday due to the four-day week. This means that Thursday was my only full day of classes; all the other days this week, I only had one one-hour class each day.

That means my workload wasn't too heavy this week either. Actually, the only homework I had was for English and history. I did more or less pull an all nighter on Wednesday night to finish reading Pride and Prejudice, but other than that, especially since the due date for my history paper was extended to Tuesday of next week, I didn't have much work.

So yes, it was a good week, though I should point out that I have a tendency to feel tired when I have work to do and awake when I don't, if that makes sense. In this case, I hope this change in sleeping patterns isn't a temporary thing, though maybe I'll give myself the benefit of the doubt and hope that I've really changed for the better.

In other news, after passing out for an additional five hours after lunch today, I hastily ran to meet my friend for dinner before proceeding to my first hockey game. To be honest, I'm not a fan of hockey at all, but I do have to say that I found it pretty entertaining (and I enjoyed joining in the [sometimes ridiculous] cheers)... although I was told that this game (against Northeastern) wasn't that well played and was extremely, extremely dirty. We ended up tying 2-2, which sucks because BU would have been first in our conference had we beat NU. I was a bit disappointed too since we had beat NU in the Beanpot 5-2, and I expected us to do the same again. Oh, but tonight was so, so dirty...

Speaking of Northeastern and the Beanpot though, I found this following post from the "Overheard at BU" Facebook group highly amusing:

(At the Beanpot)
BU student section: Fuck 'em up, fuck 'em up--BC SUCKS!
Northeastern fan: Why are they saying BC sucks? We're Northeastern I don't get it!
BU parent/fan: ... Because you guys don't matter.

No comments: