Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Keeping It Cool (Or Not)

So after a long day of classes (8 AM-5 PM... geez!), I spent an hour at the FreeP and then ran off to join a hall event: Coolidge Corner for Korean barbecue. It was nice because I had never been to Coolidge Corner before and I was excited for the food, which was indeed delicious. But I was a little distracted by the FreeP and my roommate forgot to come, so I felt really alone there trying to make awkward conversation with people I had never even met before (oh the woe of my antisocial dorm). The place was called Yasu, and although we ate well and correctly (one of my hallmates is Korean), it was super expensive and not so filling so I don't think I'll be returning there anytime soon.

Afterward, I had to head directly to the FreeP where I was encouraged to try writing an editorial. I was freaking out last night when NeRi told me, but he liked what I had and he said he would probably use it as a template and splice in any info and specifics I was missing. I do hope he keeps most of it though; I'd like to have something to, you know, sort of "show off" to my friends.

In other news, I found out today from the honors program associate director that Sargent Camp is closing in August! The FreeP just heard about it too, and according to one of our editors Sargent Camp is releasing an official statement tomorrow. Oh but I'm so sad. Izzy and I have already decided to protest.

No comments: