Friday, October 17, 2008

Physics-Free Friday

Um... so this Friday has been the most fantastic Friday I've had here so far. And I'm not going to pretend not to know why.

So I had my physics midterm on Thursday, which went... okay. I studied Tuesday night and all day Wednesday--I know, I know, but I swear I tried my best. After it was over though, my physics friend (who I shall refer to as Caca) and I just went straight to the dining hall to get ice cream (with all those luscious toppings). That probably wasn't the best idea, since we ended up staying there for 2 hours and eating the entire time, but we felt like we deserved it. Plus Soos (another physics friend) found us while we were there and joined us.

The rest of the day passed with me being quite unproductive (though to be fair, I was trying to sleep off some "stomach" pains). When I woke from my nap, I wrote a perspective for the Daily Free Press and drew a cartoon. (Stay tuned next week for at least the latter.) I can't remember what I did after that, but I must have just procrastinated for another few hours until it was 1 AM. Then on a whim, I decided to check if I had writing homework, and I found out that I did (and by the way, my writing homework is always due at midnight). I sent it anyway though, and then finally decided to finish up my Holocaust L&F homework, which kept me awake until 4.

I know, I'm not the smartest person when it comes to starting things on time.

But today went well. Kirby came to visit me, and we had breakfast together. Then we sat on the BU Beach for a bit before I had to head to class. Both my classes were pretty funny today, but I was super-excited when they were both over. I literally sang out in joy at the fact that I was free at that very moment. (Because having a physics midterm means no homework for this week.)

No homework, no five o' clock deadline, no stress.

Just supreme bliss and the wonderful taste of freedom.

So Caca, Soos, and I made plans yesterday to go shopping, and to my delight, we were actually carrying through. So we walked to Newbury Street together and went window shopping mostly, but we got things at H&M (I splurged again on a jacket).

Then Caca had to go meet her boyfriend, so Soos and I were left alone to wander the streets. We stumbled across a place called Snappy Sushi, had an impulse to eat out, and both ordered Chirashi Don (slices of fish over sushi rice, one of my favorites). We savored every bite before walking around a bit more and then back.

When we got back to campus, we hung out in the her dorm building's "music room," which was really just this big open lounge with several tables, chairs, couches, a piano, and a big screen TV (which we utilized by watching 2 episodes of CSI: Miami).

And... I have to admit that's it. It's not a very eventful story, although this is the most fun I've had in a while. But I'm happy. Things are picking up I think. And best of all, this weekend has only just begun...

I'll be away in New Hampshire the next two days on a retreat. Caca is going, and so is a friend from my writing class, so I'm really excited. But I can't stop thinking about the people I get to meet and the things we'll be doing... Ah, I just can't wait!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll pick up the Daily Free Press just for you.