Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bipolar Weather

So yeah... the weather has been acting quite haphazardly lately. That's nothing new, but it's been a while since I last experienced such drastic changes in conditions within the same day.

7:15 AM: I leave for school. I notice it's cloudy, cool, a bit humid.

9:00 AM: I touch the railing of the stairs and quickly pull my hand back. It's sticky and cold. I look out the window. Still cloudy, increasingly cool, increasingly humid.

Time Between: Everyone is freezing somehow... it's getting VERY humid.

12:00 PM: Sunny and dry...?

2:00 PM: I'm actually sitting on a bench under a small tree at this point. The sun is warm and the wind is refreshing and cool. I NOTE WHAT A NICE DAY IT IS. Inside the school, there's a misty scent that reminds me of September. Nostalgia? Perhaps. Of beginnings? No. Rather, I realize later that the scent was the smell that precedes a...

5:00 PM: THUNDERSTORM. Hooray? Not hooray! Ten seconds in the rain and I'm as wet as a mop. Didn't help that my shoes were Jellies (plastic) so I couldn't really run without slipping out of them. I definitely thought I was going to twist my ankle(s) and/or fall face first into the pavement... or the puddles covering it for that matter. Did I mention how the roads were now rivers? Yeah, not cool.

I'd like to blame global warming, but scientists recently proved that there isn't any real correlation at this point. (I'm too lazy to get the link... sorry!) I think the article said that global warming increases the intensity of natural disasters, but not the actual number of them.

But anyway that's beside my point. All I'm saying is that bipolar weather really sucks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Indeed, today really ran the gamut of weather conditions. I went to a friend's house, but we thankfully avoided all the rain.